[DRBD-user] drbd0: [kjournal/521] sock_sendmsg time expired, ko=42949672..

Philipp Reisner philipp.reisner at linbit.com
Mon Feb 2 10:05:26 CET 2004

Am Montag, 2. Februar 2004 00:29 schrieb Lars Ellenberg:
> / 2004-02-01 14:36:47 -0500
>
> \ Ward Horner:
> > I have DRBD setup with heartbeat doing an NFS export. When I transfer
> > files to the primary DRBD device I get the error (after about 1-2
> > minutes):
> >
> >     drbd0: [kjournal/521] sock_sendmsg time expired, ko=42949672
>
> this means that kjournal got stuck trying to send a block.
>
> It is NOT an error, but a hint that you have high latency, and
> obviously the primary writes faster than the secondary can cope.
>
> you can configure a "ko-count", which defaults to 0, (and then
> wraps around to 2**32-1 on the first count down, thus the high
> value). As soon as ko-count reaches zero (countdown every
> ping-intervall while block communication is stalled), the
> connection is teared down, and primary goes "StandAlone".
>
> maybe you have some sort of distributed resource deadlock.
> I understand that it is actually the secondary writing to the nfs
> share, which is the drbd exported by the primary?

Maybe it is just a a slow secondary. -- If you want to get rid
of the messages you could also increase the timeout. See
man drbdsetup

--snip--
-t,    If the partner node failes to send an expected response  packet  within
       val  10ths  of a second, the partner node is considered dead and there-
       fore the tcp/ip connection is abandoned.  The default value is 60  =  6
       seconds.
--snap--

-Philipp