[DRBD-user] drbd and LVM1

Nicolas Bouthors nbouthors at nbi.fr
Thu Dec 30 16:06:50 CET 2004

Luc de Louw a écrit :

> Hi all,
>
> I want to use DRBD on top of LVM1.
>
> After setting up all the things /dev/drbd0 uses /dev/vgdata/lvdata as the
> underlying device (exactly the same setup sizes etc on both nodes)
>
> Then I lvexend the lvdata from 10g to 11g and run drbdadm resize r0 and get a
> errormessage:
>
> err=ioctl(drbd_fd,DRBD_IOCTL_SET_DISK_SIZE,0);
>
> What made I wrong?

I think what you realy want is to setup LVM ON TOP OF DRBD.

Las time I checked it worked fine, but DRBD on top of LVM didn't. This
seems normal to me.

So you need to :

1) Build a working drbd (eg /dev/hda on both nodes)
2) Build your LVM with pvcreate /dev/nb0, lvcreate ...

this shall work like a charm with lates LVM tools on linux you don't
have to do anything else...