[DRBD-user] A GNUbie needs help!

Gnubie gnubie at gmail.com
Tue Dec 14 01:56:30 CET 2004

On Mon, 13 Dec 2004 15:38:12 +0100, Bernd Schubert
<bernd-schubert at web.de> wrote:

> Hi Gnubie,

Hello Bernd,

> thats certainly not LVM!

What I mean here is my LVM2 partitions covers /dev/hda4 and /dev/hdb1
in physical partitions.  So, all I want is to mirror all the contents
of my LVM2 partitions if that's the right term to use.

> meta-disk: Unless you try to convert from drbd-0.6 to 0.7, I would usually
> choose 'internal'.

So, if I'll go straight installing DRBD-0.7.6 from scratch as what I
did in my setup, I'll just use "internal", right?

> LVM: So what do you want? LVM on top of DRBD or DRBD on top of LVM? And what
> don't you understand?

I really don't understand that phrases.  Sorry about that.  How will I
know if the setup is "LVM on top of DRBD" or the other way around?
Based on my current setup, what do you suggests?  What are the best
ways to configure and implement this kind of setup?

> Did you already read some of the howto's one can find in the web? E.g.:
>
> http://linuxha.trick.ca/DataRedundancyByDrbd

Yeah, I read it.  But as what I said, I'm confused and don't
understand that much.  Sorry.

Would you or anyone from this mailing list care to post their
actual/working /etc/drbd.conf file with a similar setup that I want to
implement if that's not asking too much from you?

Thanks in advance.

Gnubie