[DRBD-user] A GNUbie needs help!

Bernd Schubert bernd-schubert at web.de
Mon Dec 13 18:21:50 CET 2004

Hi Gnubie,

> So far, my heartbeat setup is working well but with DRBD, I'm still
> confused and don't understand the right configuration for my setup.  I
> hope you don't mind if I'm asking you newbie questions.  All I want is
> to make my LVM2 partitions (/dev/hda4 and /dev/hdb1) mirrors to the

thats certainly not LVM!

> second node.  You can find relevant information below about my current
> setup.
>
> Anybody can help me or advice on what to put on my /etc/drbd.conf and
> /etc/ha.d/hareresources?  I really don't understand the post of Mr.
> Lars Ellenberg at
> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.network.drbd/6175 especially the
> phrase "LVM2 on top of DRBD".  Also, what's the appropriate value for
> my "meta-disk"?

meta-disk: Unless you try to convert from drbd-0.6 to 0.7, I would usually
choose 'internal'.

LVM: So what do you want? LVM on top of DRBD or DRBD on top of LVM? And what
don't you understand?

Did you already read some of the howto's one can find in the web? E.g.:

http://linuxha.trick.ca/DataRedundancyByDrbd

Cheers,
 Bernd