[DRBD-user] Resize Problem with 0.7.6

Fri Dec 3 16:05:59 CET 2004

Hi,

I using drbd 0.7.6 on a Red Hat Enterprise Server 3.
I plannig to use 2 identical machines with 2 36G Scsi disks.
But, I have only one machine at this time, and I decided to test the drbd with
other machine that has an HD 7.0G IDE.
Then, I create to partitions on IDE (3G and 2G) and create a big partition on
SCSI (20G and 36G).
Works fine, the SCSI node detect the lower size and sync without problems.

I turn off the IDE machine and try to up again the drbd on SCSI machine.
Unfortunelly, the SCSI node always keep the lower size (3G and 2G).

I tryed the resize parameter in drbdadm, but it only work when you ran on the
both nodes. Tryed too reinstall DRBD, delete the partiton with fdisk and
build again, but doesn't work, always getting the 3G and 2G size.

How I can kill the internal metadata to re-read the correct disk size I will
use?

Thanks a lot