[DRBD-user] device size limit <= 2TB for DRBD disk on DRBD <= 0.7.3

Lars Ellenberg Lars.Ellenberg at linbit.com
Tue Aug 31 22:43:28 CEST 2004

/ 2004-08-31 22:37:41 +0200
\ Lars Ellenberg:
> / 2004-08-31 16:36:20 -0400
> \ Ian Samuel:
> > Thanks.
> >
> > One more question - is the 2TB limit for a single drbd device, or is that the
> > total for the server?
>
> per device.

ah, but you will likely run into some "out of vmallocatable memory"
condition if you try to use several devices that large.

two drbd with ca. 2TB each will do, probably.  three is unlikely, and
four of that size is probably not possible currently.

this is a known problem, and will eventually be fixed.
it does not seem very hard to fix, but as long as we have the impression
that "the average drbd user" does not use several TB of storage, fixing
that has low priority...

	Lars Ellenberg