[DRBD-user] Kernel Oops: 0002 again after reboot...

Dan Didier dan at mapolce.com
Tue Aug 31 21:59:47 CEST 2004

Here it is

 */

GPL_HEADER()

/*
 * These inline functions tend to need bits and pieces of all the
 * other VM include files, meaning they cannot be defined inside
 * one of the other VM include files.
 *

> does a make mrproper in the kernel source tree help?
>   (you'd need to copy in the correct .config,
>    make oldconfig, make dep, that sort of stuff afterwards again, too)

Tried this, didn't help..

> or, use the version of drbd that currently works for you, and
> (as I wrote in some other post already):
>
>   seemingly we have an issue with 2.4. code.
>   maybe we just forgot to update some of the endless
> #if/#endif branches
>   for 2.4. with fixes that only went into some 2.6. branches.
>   maybe it is not as easy as that. I don't know yet.
>
>   for now, you could simply find in drbd_main.c, in function
>   _drbd_send_page the line (ca 940) where it says
>
>           if ( (page_count(page) < 1) || PageSlab(page) ) {
>

>   and replace that with
>           if ( 1 ) {

I tried this with source not compiling when done...  I'll try again and
post output.
I still don't understand why it was syncing, slowly, but syncing the
first time.  Then I decided to reboot and then all it does is give me
the oops... Probably because I don't understand the kernel well enough.

Thanks,
Dan