[DRBD-user] Kernel Oops: 0002 again after reboot...

Lars Ellenberg Lars.Ellenberg at linbit.com
Tue Aug 31 19:48:04 CEST 2004

/ 2004-08-31 13:33:38 -0400
\ Dan Didier:
> I am really at a loss here.
>
> After rebooting, I loaded drbd:  insmode drbd.o
> Then I checked my /proc/drbd
> Everything looked good
> Then drbdadm up all
>

> Then on the secondary system I did the same
>
> And BAM!  Same problem again.  Why wouldn't this work after rebooting??
> Guys, this is painful :(

I told you to DISABLE SENDPAGE.
with anything not directly from svn, you need to do this by hand.

so please get a fresh svn checkout of DRBD, and recompile.
if you cannot get it to compile, try again.
Really.
it _does_ compile.
recent drbd svn compiles just fine with all kernel flavours I have
handy, which is a range of redhat 2.4.{9,18,21,22*}-*, SuSE 2.4 and 2.6,
kernel.org 2.4 and 2.6, debian 2.4. and 2.6. kernels.
it compiles against all of them without further tweaking, provided that
you properly prepared the kernel source tree.

thanks.

	Lars Ellenberg