[DRBD-user] File data corrupt when I switch Nodes

Lars Ellenberg Lars.Ellenberg at linbit.com
Tue Aug 31 20:04:33 CEST 2004

/ 2004-08-31 16:16:44 +0100
\ Kevin Izzet:
> Hi Lars,
>
> Couldn't get a fresh SVN due to our firewall setup (not locally managed so
> can't change) so
> I modified the drbd_config.h in the version i have and rebuilt the modules
> (on both nodes).

well, that does not help.
the version you have does not know about the DRBD_DISABLE_SENPAGE define
yet...

> I then restarted drbd on both nodes and forced a full resync of the
> secondary node, now
> when I try and mount the file system on the secondary node i get the
> following error :-

expected, as it still is the very same situation as before.
nothing has changed.

seemingly we have an issue with 2.4. code.
maybe we just forgot to update some of the endless #if/#endif branches
for 2.4. with fixes that only went into some 2.6. branches.
maybe it is not as easy as that. I don't know yet.

for now, you could simply find in drbd_main.c, in function
_drbd_send_page the line (ca 940) where it says

        if ( (page_count(page) < 1) || PageSlab(page) ) {

and replace that with
	if ( 1 ) {

thanks.

	Lars Ellenberg