[DRBD-user] DRBD + Heartbeat - Doubt after fail !

contact at gcm-solutions.com contact at gcm-solutions.com
Tue Aug 31 19:07:56 CEST 2004

Quoting Lars Ellenberg <Lars.Ellenberg at linbit.com>:

> / 2004-08-31 12:00:04 -0400
> \ contact at gcm-solutions.com:
> > Hello friends .
> >
> > I fot my HA cluster setuped and now im starting test this out.
> >
> > My haresources files looks like that :
> >
> > ha01 192.168.1.100 drbddisk Filesystem::/dev/drbd1::/www::/ext3 apache
>
> does this help?
> ha01 192.168.1.100 drbddisk::all Filesystem::/dev/drbd1::/www::/ext3 apache
>                              ^^^
> (or the exact resource name. maybe r0 or whatever you called it)
>
> and, YOU NEED TO START DRBD!
> i.e. "/etc/init.d/drbd start" should appear somewhere in your init
> process and must be called before hartbeat is started.
> (chkconfig drbd, and add it to the appropriate runlevels...)
> this loads and configures the drbd driver.
> if you don't load and configure the "drbd driver",
> you obviously can not use it from heartbeat/drbddisk.
>

> 	Lars Ellenberg
>
> --

Hello Lars.

I think i was not clear with my question !

DRBD is already on my init process ! It loads before heartbeat !

The 2 nodes are ok with DRBD when i turn then on !! They syncronize ok ! no
problem with the init of them !

My problem was ...on one of my tests ... I type reboot on server 1 primary !

Then ... server 2 get the proccess ... and become the primary on DRBD !

But ... they become STANDALONE in the DRBD status (cat /proc/drbd). Its ok
because Server 1 is down !

So ... when i reboot Server 1 ... it loads the drbd on init again but dont join
this DRBD array that is PRIMARY on Server 2 !

So then ... Server 2 stays as :

Standalone Prymary / Unknow

and Server 1 stays :

WFconnection Secondary / Unknow

>From what i think ... Server 1 should back on the DRBD cluster as Secondary as
soon as it init again, right ?

but Server 2 stay as Standalone and dont let Server 1 back on the array after
the reboot.

What can i do ? Is there anything ?

Thanks.