[DRBD-user] 2.5TB DRBD disk on DRBD 0.7.2

Ian Samuel ian at MrZesty.net
Mon Aug 30 22:57:54 CEST 2004

Hello,

I tried today to set up DRBD over a software-striped disk set (2 x 1.25 TB)
for a total DRBD drive of 2.5TB.

Unfortunatley, although the source code for v0.7.2 mentions a maximum size of
3.8TB - the size reported back by DRBD as only 310 GB instead.

I can mount and use the /dev/md5 device with reiserfs (I have enabled >2TB
filesystem support in the kernel), it is only when I try to layer DRBD over
top that I have a problem with this size of device.

I am using another 50GB drbd parition on the same systems and that works fine,
and using only 1 disk (1.25GB) also works fine.

Kernel is 2.6.8.1, with DRBD 0.7.2 on Debian sarge.

Is it unrealistic to use a single DRBD device this large?   I am hoping it is
a simple 32-bit int overflow.

Your help is appreciated.  Thanks!

i.

resource nas {