[DRBD-user] degr-wfc-timeout & wfc-timeout

Philipp Reisner philipp.reisner at linbit.com
Wed Aug 25 16:22:41 CEST 2004

On Wednesday 25 August 2004 04:47, German Gutierrez wrote:
> Hi
>
> Can explain me when wfc-timeout and degr-wfc-timeout
> are applied (differences between them) ? ( a situation
> example )
>
> Is recommendable set a time to wfc-timeout (2 min for
> example) ?

From the drbd.conf example:
    # Wait for connection timeout.
    # The init script blocks the boot process until the resources
    # are connected.
    # In case you want to limit the wait time, do it here.
    #
    # wfc-timeout  0;

    # Wait for connection timeout if this node was a degraded cluster.
    # In case a degraded cluster (= cluster with only one node left)
    # is rebooted, this timeout value is used.
    #
    degr-wfc-timeout 120;    # 2 minutes.

If N2 was down before N1 gets rebootet, N1 will only wait 120 seconds
for N2.

If both nodes loos power simultaniously, N1 will wait forever for
N2.

-philipp