[DRBD-user] drbd howto... [Simple Question]

Jeff Buck jeffb at umci.com
Mon Aug 23 19:27:44 CEST 2004

On Mon, 2004-08-23 at 09:04, Giuliano Gigli wrote:

> The low device /dev/hda7 dont have to be mounted right ? only
> formated.

You probably don't want your lower level device formatted either before
you start. You want to set up drbd completely, and then format /dev/nb0.
You probably don't want to do anything directly with /dev/hda7, except
aim drbd at it.

Like he said, read the documentation very carefully, and if you need to,
read documentation on other parts of linux like block devices and
filesystems etc. All the information is available on the web.

It would be a very good idea to make sure you are experimenting on some
machines that don't have anything important on them until you've got the
process down.