[DRBD-user] Installation problems with Red Hat 9

Antony J. Shepherd antony.s at derivs.com
Fri Aug 20 18:04:06 CEST 2004

Hello,

Basically, I'm stuck with RH9.0 due to the machines we're using
requiring a specific set of hardware drivers which aren't available for
any later version of Linux. It also means I'm stuck with the 2.4.20-8
kernel, and as the machines have hyperthreading processord they're using
the smp version.

I'm trying to use DRBD 0.7.2, and it builds OK, but I get:-
depmod: *** Unresolved symbols in
/lib/modules/2.4.20-8smp/kernel/drivers/block/drbd.o

If I type 'modprobe drbd' I get loads of 'unresolved symbol' errors.

Any suggestions? We've been quite successfully using drbd 0.6.6 on other
servers, and I didn't have any installation problems with that, to the
point where I've been considering stepping back to that old version!

Thanks,

--
Antony J. Shepherd
Internet Systems Engineer