[DRBD-user] Is disk-size really necessary?

Lars Ellenberg lars.ellenberg at linbit.com
Thu Aug 5 11:06:48 CEST 2004

On Wed, Aug 04, 2004 at 08:51:14PM -0300, Fabio Trentini wrote:
> Hello there,
>
> does the entry disk-size in drbd.conf is really necessary?

with drbd 0.6 not neccessary, but stongly recommended.
for reasons easily found in the archives.

with drbd 0.7: don't do that anymore (I think you cannot, we disabled
that in drbd.conf, though drbdsetup still knows about that parameter in
case it is needed...)

> If so, how
> is the best way to calculate the exact sectors of the chosen disk
> partition?
should be easy to find searching the archive...

anyways, fdisk -s /dev/sdc1 or whatever you use as lower level device.
(and just in case, round it down so it is a multiple of 4k, or some
filesystem implementations may later be confused (nothing to do with
drbd, but...)

	lge