[DRBD-user] syncer performance problem

Tim Tregubov tim at zingweb.com
Mon Aug 2 20:57:59 CEST 2004

On Aug 2, 2004, at 2:41 PM, Lars Ellenberg wrote:

> just a thought:
>  you use sndbuf size 1G...
>  set back the sndbuf-size to the default value of 128k or even less.
>  I'd like to see the differnece, if any.

Hi Lars -

I had tried 1M for the sndbuff size earlier, but per your suggestion I
tried default and also 64K
both were about:   5,028 (4,688) K/sec

drbdsetup /dev/drbd0 show
Lower device: 08:33   (sdc1)
Meta device: 08:34   (sdc2)
Meta index: 0
Disk options:
  on-io-error = detach
Local address: 10.100.100.1:7789
Remote address: 10.100.100.2:7789
Wire protocol: C
Net options:
  timeout = 6.0 sec (default)
  connect-int = 10 sec (default)
  ping-int = 10 sec (default)
  max-epoch-size = 2048  (default)
  max-buffers = 2048  (default)
  sndbuf-size = 131070  (default)
  ko-count = 0  (default)
Syncer options:
  rate = 102400 KB/sec
  group = 1
  al-extents = 127  (default)

I couldn't really tell a difference between those two or 1M...   I
haven't tried jumbo frames so that might help, what do you think?

Thanks again for all your help!

Cheers,
Tim