[DRBD-user] DRBD and Trustix 2.1

Lars Ellenberg Lars.Ellenberg at linbit.com
Sun Aug 1 18:32:51 CEST 2004

/ 2004-08-01 11:35:43 -0400
\ Rocky Hurley:
> Hi...
>
> Ok, I'm lost. Got drbd to compile and load on my trustix 2.1 server.
> Loaded the module no problem. Continued with the setup and ran into a
> brick wall.
>
> clip----------------------------------------------
> root at gandalf~# drbdsetup /dev/nb0 disk /dev/hdc3
>  disk lower_dev meta_data_dev meta_data_index [{--size|-d} val]
>          [{--on-io-error|-e} val]
> Not enough arguments.
> root at gandalf~#
> clip----------------------------------------------
>
> Anyone with an idea of where to go from here?

you don't want to use drbdsetup.
you want to write a drbd.conf, and then use drbdadm.
you want to read http://linuxha.trick.ca/DRBD_2fQuickStart07

if you really want to use drbdsetup,
there is a manpage, ugly but complete.

and in case you wonder still, what it was trying to say:
you gave it "disk /dev/hdc3", and it asks you to give it
 "disk lower_dev meta_data_dev meta_data_index [options]"
so at least two mandatory arguments missing.  See?

 ;-)

	Lars Ellenberg