[DRBD-user] IP 192.168.1.2 not found on this host.

Eugene Crosser crosser at rol.ru
Wed Apr 28 13:22:36 CEST 2004

On Wed, 2004-04-28 at 13:54, Lars Ellenberg wrote:

> > >everyone happy with this?
> > >

> > please use `type -p' not `which'.  `type' is a builtin while `which'
> > on my system is a shell script.
>
> $ type -a which
> which is aliased to `type -p'
> which is /usr/bin/which
>
> :)

'type' and 'which' are apparently "cross-hacks" of csh/posix sh/BSD.

BTW as long as the project is Linux only, you might look at this:

/usr/include/ifaddrs.h:
/* The `getifaddrs' function generates a linked list of these structures.
   Each element of the list describes one network interface.  */
struct ifaddrs
{
  struct ifaddrs *ifa_next;     /* Pointer to the next structure.  */

  char *ifa_name;               /* Name of this network interface.  */
  unsigned int ifa_flags;       /* Flags as from SIOCGIFFLAGS ioctl.  */

  struct sockaddr *ifa_addr;    /* Network address of this interface.  */
  struct sockaddr *ifa_netmask; /* Netmask of this interface.  */
}

/* Create a linked list of `struct ifaddrs' structures, one for each
   network interface on the host machine.  If successful, store the
   list in *IFAP and return 0.  On errors, return -1 and set `errno'.

   The storage returned in *IFAP is allocated dynamically and can
   only be properly freed by passing it to `freeifaddrs'.  */
extern int getifaddrs (struct ifaddrs **__ifap) __THROW;

/* Reclaim the storage allocated by a previous `getifaddrs' call.  */
extern void freeifaddrs (struct ifaddrs *__ifa) __THROW;