[DRBD-user] Error

Lars Ellenberg Lars.Ellenberg at linbit.com
Mon Apr 26 12:33:35 CEST 2004

/ 2004-04-26 12:15:57 +0200
\ Andreas:
> Hello.
>
> I am using the last sources out of the cvs. After
>
> drbdadm up all
> drbdadm primary all
>
> I get the message
>
> drbd0: drbd_req_prepare_write: (!buffer_uptodate(bh)) in
> drbd_compat_wrappers.h:188
> drbd0: [kjournal/67304]: bh_src->b_state=151c bh->b_statr=51c
>
> Have anyone an idea what that means?

ignore for now.  debug notice, has no other effect.
I made the assumption that who ever WRITEs data,
would provide a buffer head for date that is "uptodate",
because writing data that is not, is not much usefull,
so I put this message in to detect if I had a logic bug somewhere.
but actually a block device should not care, but do what it is told.

kjournal seems to submit private buffers every now and then, and does
not care to set the uptodate-flag, because no one else should ever see
or care about those buffers, or maybe this is even a bug in kjournald,
that usually goes unnoticed, since all other block devices won't care.

I'll disable that message soon enough again.

	Lars Ellenberg