[DRBD-user] CAUTION! current drbd-0.7 corrupts your memory in large scale

Lars Ellenberg Lars.Ellenberg at linbit.com
Sat Apr 24 04:06:29 CEST 2004

I spent hours debuging the recent strange issues,
and came across a special case where current drbd-0.7
will in a busy loop bitwise zero out all reachable memory starting from
a certain adress :(

there are some other bugs I found on the way through the code,
but this is the critical one.

please, all of you who try drbd-0.7,
get a fresh cvs update.

we'll iron out the other bugs as well, soon, but we'll also introduce
new ones of course. hopefuly we adopt a more conservative coding style
in all areas, and rather BUG() than corrupt memory.

sorry for that one.

	Lars Ellenberg