[DRBD-user] mount hangs -0.7-cvs-2004-04-22 (today)

Lars Ellenberg Lars.Ellenberg at linbit.com
Thu Apr 22 13:15:27 CEST 2004

/ 2004-04-22 11:04:53 +0000
\ Ron O'Hara:
> Hi,
>
> I may have hit a misunderstanding of the correct operational sequence,
> or maybe some bug.  This is with 0.7 pulled from CVS today (22nd April
> 2004).
>
> Scenario .... two systems
>
> Install drbd on both systems..   identical systems  ...
>
> modprobe drbd on sys1
> modprobe drbd on sys2
>
> On sys1
>        /sbin/drbdadm up all
>        /sbin/drbdadm wait_connect all
> Then on sys2
>        /sbin/drbdadm up all
>        /sbin/drbdadm wait_connect all
>
> All connects nicely - both ends are Secondary ... and sync up
>
> On sys1
>        /sbin/drbdadm primary r0
>
> Looks good in /proc/drbd     (Primary/Secondary as expected)
>

> mount /dev/nb0 /data       <<<<< this just hangs
>

> If I go onto sys2, and         /sbin/drbdadm down all
>
> then the mount completes  .... and I can bring connect sys2 again .....
>
> Any ideas on where to look/trace/probe to get more info on what syscall
> 'mount' is stuck in?

maybe, just maybe, systems are too busy synching,
and mount just is too slow, because it needs to access/replay the
journal, DRBD needs to make sure sync and application requests do not
conflict. hopefully this is no real bug, but only needs tuning.

how long did you wait when mount was "just hanging" ?

	Lars Ellenberg