[DRBD-user] drbd and Fedora Core 1 (compile problems)

Nuno Tavares nunotavares at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 21 04:07:59 CEST 2004

Thanks for the prompt replies!

Before I've posted, I've read the INSTALL file, but there was
missing that CC thing. I thought that the redhat-based dists
had already dropped that gcc trick...

Both 0.7-pre6 and 0.6.12 compiled without problems.

About the RPM, i couldn't get it work, but didn't insist much.
Tell me if there is someone working on it already, or if I may be
of any help here.
I've tried tweaking some files (.spec and Makefile) to get it to
work, without success - as i said, not much time in here.

Somehow it kept complaining about ./debian/[files/changelog] which had
nothing to do with "make rpm", I've fixed it removing something which
I have forgotten.

Anyway, just as a reminder in Makefile. In Fedora, there was a split
between the 'rpm' command and the 'build options'. For RPM Building, one
should use 'rpmbuild'. '--define buildroot' changes to '--buildroot'
and '--define _topdir' changes to '--root'.

Tom, you managed to build the RPM? SRPM? both?

Thanks for the help, I'm going to try to configure this thing.

-
Nuno Tavares
http://nthq.cjb.net/