[DRBD-user] drbd and Fedora Core 1 (compile problems)

Todd Denniston Todd.Denniston at ssa.crane.navy.mil
Tue Apr 20 23:44:40 CEST 2004

Todd Denniston wrote:

> Lars Ellenberg wrote:
> >
> > / 2004-04-20 18:58:55 +0000
> > \ Nuno Tavares:
> > > I can't compile either drbd-0.6.12 or drbd-0.7 in FC1.

<SNIP>
> if you read drbd-0.6.12/INSTALL
<SNIP>
> on fedora you still need to do the editing to drbd_config.h (uncomment
> SIGHAND_HACK).

once you get `make all` to work, skip down to the rpm section of the INSTALL
file, `make rpm` worked[1] with fedora and mixes well with their ideas that a
system should be fully installed from rpm's[2].

[1] it worked when I was using drbd-0.6.10, I am just getting around to
building 0.6.12, it built the rpm files I was expecting, but I am not ready to
install _just_ yet.
[2] to do otherwise on a red hat based system is to invite madness, even with
something as simple as a kernel module.
--
Todd Denniston