[DRBD-user] DRBD sync rate way low

Jesse A Dubin jdubin1 at lsu.edu
Tue Apr 13 23:34:10 CEST 2004

We finally got it back up.  The resync was a bit of a red herring.  You hit
it right on the nose when you asked about the file system mounting.  When
Our Primary rebooted, it came back up before the Secondary was able to
finish taking control of all the resources and without a properly mounted
file system, so they were fighting back and forth while
resyncing....nothing?  I stopped the Secondary, made sure the FS mounted on
the primary and rebooted it.  The Primary came up fine and has been serving
for a day now.  I just booted up the Secondary, and its now syncing at a
more respectable ~450K/sec for each of the 10 nodes.

I've been told that a STONITH solution may be the answer to our problem
when this happens.

As for your configuration questions, I was told:
"load-only is used because heartbeat handles the determination of which
node
(origin or indigo) is to be primary on the DRBD volume.

Protocol B is used because the DRBD HOW-TO uses protocol B.  Using C will
reduce
performance somewhat."

I'm open to suggestion.

Thank you very much, Lars (and anyone else who may have spent some
brainpower consider it), for working on puzzling this out with me.

Jesse
----

Lars Ellenberg <Lars.Ellenberg at linbit.com>@lists.linbit.com on 04/12/2004
12:12:21 PM