[DRBD-user] Initial Sync - Fast then really slow

Jeff Goris jeff.goris at whiterabbit.com.au
Thu Apr 8 18:17:24 CEST 2004

> > To reproduce the problem I simply used the date command on the secondary
> > set the wall clock time 3 hours in advance of the primary and manually
started
> > a full sync on the primary. Part way through the sync the secondary locks
up
> > and the primary looks like this:

<< snip >>

> and DRBD is the "only" thing running here, and if the nodes do not
> differ in time all works smoothly.
>
> is this what you are saying?
>
> 	lge

That is correct. The machine is only doing DRBD - both machines are freshly
installed with just DRBD and heartbeat setup. The problem occurs whether or
not /dev/nb0 is mounted or unmounted. The only resources Heartbeat manages in
the cluster is one DRBD device and one virtual IP address.

Jeff.