[DRBD-user] A Summary of LVM snapshots with DRBD
michael at hostsharing.net
Thu Apr 8 13:57:30 CEST 2004
> *You can do so already*,
> by using LVM2 on top of DRBD.
>So implementing additional hacks and hooks is just very low priority.
a setup which we have in mind would be something like this:
- Virtual Host VA mirrors to HB.
- Virtual Host VB mirrors to HC.
- Virtual Host VC mirrors to HD.
- Virtual Host VD mirrors to HA.
- Virtual Host VE mirrors to HC.
- Virtual Host VF mirrors to HD.
- Virtual Host VG mirrors to HA.
- Virtual Host VH mirrors to HB.
- Virtual Host VI mirrors to HD.
- Virtual Host VJ mirrors to HA.
- Virtual Host VK mirrors to HB.
- Virtual Host VL mirrors to HC.
LVM would make sense to be able to assign different sizes to the Virtual
Hosts. But in a setup LVM2 on top of DRBD it could not work. It would
be needed the other way around.
But it is only a wild idea anyway. Also because the setup could be very
confusing and thus error prone.
More information about the drbd-user