[DRBD-user] DRBD performance over GBit Ethernet

Curtis Tiffany curtis at reecemarketing.com
Wed Apr 7 17:04:20 CEST 2004

I used tiobench and bonnie when testing performance.  The systems sound
similar to yours, they are Dell Poweredge 2650, dual Xeon, 5 disk RAID5,
2 GB RAM.  I've attached the output from each...

For drbd-3.htm here's a key
/home1000c	- testing disk, drbd, and network
/root1000c	- testing disk without drbd
/home1000c-nonc - testing disk, drbd overhead, but no network
The 1000 is the file size and the high speeds on that test were due to
the file being smaller than avaailable memory. =)

For bonnie.html
I can't recall exactly what's what, because it's been a while.  DNS2
tests at the bottom were done on single disk, faste network, single P3
machines.  "1200 Local 1/2/3" being the same as /root1200c and "1200
Home 1/2/3" being the same as /home2000c from the tiobench key.