[DRBD-user] drbd .07 pre6 and drbdsetup

Lars Ellenberg Lars.Ellenberg at linbit.com
Wed Apr 7 10:04:33 CEST 2004

/ 2004-04-07 09:04:32 +0200
\ Helmut Wollmersdorfer:
> What is the reason for this dependancy on hostname? Isn't it enough to
> specify IP:port for the two nodes?

we'd need to have an additional indirection code path, figuring out
which section of hostdependent settings belongs to THIS host, depending
on the IP...
It is much easier to have the to host dependen sections indexed by
hostname, and ask the kernel which "index" belongs to me.

> > what does the below .c proggie say?
>
> The same as the output of
>      $ uname -n
> which is easier to call?

Nope, unfortunately not necessarily in all cases, these are two
different syscalls :(
BTW, even the "hostname" binary uses the uname syscall
(according to strace)...

I suggest to use the same as heartbeat, which is probably the uname syscall.
Philipp?

	Lars Ellenberg