[DRBD-user] 0.7 testing - Kernel oops with vanilla 2.6.4

Ron O'Hara rono at sentuny.com.au
Tue Apr 6 16:28:19 CEST 2004

Ok ... I'm happily being a guinea pig on the CVS 0.7 branch - using a
vanilla 2.6.4 kernel.
All this is happening under VMware to make my testing easier.

I have a disk on /dev/sdb  it has one partition as  /dev/sdb1   this is
part of a degraded raid1 device    /dev/md3
The DRBD config file (attached) calls this stuff resource 'r0' with the
idea of this being the master machine holding data on /dev/nb0 which is
the DRBD view of /dev/md3  ... all replicate to some other system.

I'll forget about the slave machine for now ... this goes bang really
early...

If I issue the command  'drbdadm up r0' - the attached Kernel oops is
generated...

Can anyone suggest where to start looking ?

Regards
Ron O'Hara
rono at sentuny.com.au