[DRBD-user] DRBD rw access at both nodes

Peter Stamfest peter at stamfest.at
Thu Apr 1 08:58:30 CEST 2004

On Thu, 1 Apr 2004, "Kotrappa(?????)" wrote:

> Date: Thu, 01 Apr 2004 14:04:37 +0900
> From: "\"Kotrappa(?????)\"" <d.kotrappa at pst.fujitsu.com>
> To: drbd-user at nudlaug.linbit.com

[ Hehehe, haven't noticed that hostname before ]

> Subject: [DRBD-user] DRBD rw access at both nodes
>
> Hi List,
>
> Is it possible to configure DRBD with active-active setup
> with rw access at both the nodes???
>
> I have trick-setup like below:

This is no trick - this is misuse. No wonder it does not work. AFAIK there
are plans to allow rw access on both nodes in later versions of DRBD (not
in the 0.6 series), but you would clearly need to use something on top of
it that can live with such a setup (like GFS in the case of filesystems).
A "normal" filesystem won't work anyway (due to locking, or rather
non-locking, issues). Even if initial tests might show it does it WILL
definitly fail. Isn't this a FAQ?

> hostname:
>
> kusha                                           lawa

> /dev/nb0                                    /dev/nb0
> /dev/hdb8                                   /dev/hda8

> /dev/nb1                                /dev/nb1
> /dev/hdb8                               /dev/hda8

peter