[drbd-mc] Issues with LCMC v1.5.11

Caspar Smit c.smit at truebit.nl
Tue Oct 8 17:34:08 CEST 2013

Hi Rasto,

I have a relatively large list of issues with the latest LCMC

1) When I use the Cluster Wizard to create a new cluster and enter a name
for it (e.g. "Test") the default name of "Cluster 1" will always be used.
Only when I quit LCMC and restart it the cluster will be named "Test"

2) When I start LCMC with an incorrect drbd config (for instance a wrong IP
address) i get the following error (which is expected):

drbd config error: drbd.d/r0.res:8: in resource r0, on node01:
IP X.X.X.X not found on this host.

But then I would like to edit this IP address in LCMC but the whole config
of r0 is not read and is not shown in LCMC so it is not editable either.

3) Under DRBD the "DRBD Processes" button always results in error

I noticed that LCMC tries to run a proxy command (drbd-proxy-ctl) during
this button press so I guess that's the reason for the error:

sudo: clususer :command not allowed ; TTY=pts/7 ; PWD=/home/clususer ;
USER=root ; COMMAND=/sbin/drbd-proxy-ctl -c show hconnections -c show
hsubconnections -c show memusage -c print statistics

I don't have DRBD proxy on this machine but I think this should not result
in an error.

4) When I create a VG from a newly created DRBD volume the VG is not
visible to LCMC even after a "Rescan LVM"

I have to disconnect / reconnect to the cluster to see the newly created VG
and the "Create LV in VG" option. Rescan LVM doesn't seem to work at all.

5) When creating a VM the "Browse" button for the installation disk is
greyed out when running LCMC from Windows (Ubuntu/Linux is working
correctly)

6) It would be nice to have "Driver Cache" option while creating a VM in
the "Storage" section, the Driver Cache setting is only available in the
Installation Disk section.

7) If during the VM creation wizard in the Storage section a Virtio disk is
added, LCMC still adds this virtio disk as "hda" in stead of "vda"

8) When loading the DRBD module through LCMC and I connect a resource i
often get an error message on the console saying:

Oct  8 16:49:16 node01 kernel: [ 6926.447449] block drbd0: Different
verify-alg settings. me="crc32c" peer=""

Although the config was created through LCMC and is equal on both sides.

A "Load Config (Adjust)" resolves the issue but it shouldn't happen in the
first place.

9) I mailed to this list some time ago about the /dev/disk/by-id but i
didn't got any response so here is it again:

LCMC doesn't recognise the /dev/disk/by-id/.... symlinks for /dev/sdb, sdc
etc...

Example r0.res:

resource r0 {

  device /dev/drbd0;
  meta-disk internal;

  on node01 {
    disk /dev/disk/by-id/wwn-0x5000c5000ee51d23;
    address 10.0.0.1:7788;
  }
  on node02 {
    disk /dev/disk/by-id/wwn-0x5000c5000ee5ceaf;
    address 10.0.0.2:7788;
  }
}

LCMC only shows two green (unused) /dev/sdb fields on both nodes and
doesn't see the DRBD config.

When I change the r0.res to;

resource r0 {

  device /dev/drbd0;
  meta-disk internal;
  disk /dev/sdb;

  on node01 {
    address 10.0.0.1:7788;
  }
  on node02 {
    address 10.0.0.2:7788;
  }
}

LCMC sees the DRBD config correctly.
Problem is that /dev/sdb is not always the same disk on my test machine.

10) When adding a CRM resource (linbit:drbd) and you give the master/slave
set a different name then the default (Which is drbd_1) it still gets added
to the CIB with the name ms_drbd_1 even if you give it a different name
like ms_drbd0 for instance.

You have to disconnect/reconnect for LCMC to see the difference and be able
to manage the newly created resource.

ms *ms_drbd_1* res_drbd_drbd0 \
        meta clone-max="2" notify="true" interleave="true"

11) When there is no *.res file in /etc/drbd.d or there is no drbd resource
configured the global_common.conf file is not parsed. So when you create a
drbd volume using LCMC the global_common.conf file is overwritten with very
little options set. I would like to keep my global_common.conf file
allthough there is no drbd volume configured (yet).

I don't want to manually set all these options again and LCMC should just
overwrite it.

As i said, a fairly big list. I hope you can confirm and reproduce these
issues so they can be fixed

Thanks in advance and keep up the good work on LCMC!

Kind regards,
Caspar Smit