[drbd-mc] Few issues.

Caspar Smit smit.caspar at gmail.com
Wed Aug 7 15:19:56 CEST 2013

Hi Rasto,

First of all, thanks for your continuous updates on LCMC!

I noticed there was a new version (1.5.8) and did some testing and found a
few issues (perhaps with older versions too).

1) When I connect to a cluster where one of the nodes is down (system power
down) i get a big red message when connecting:

DRBD: unknown section: net

When both nodes are up there is no such message.

2) LCMC doesn't recognise the /dev/disk/by-id/.... symlinks for /dev/sdb,
sdc etc...

Example r0.res:

resource r0 {

  device /dev/drbd0;
  meta-disk internal;

  on node01 {
    disk /dev/disk/by-id/wwn-0x5000c5000ee51d23;
    address 10.0.0.1:7788;
  }
  on node02 {
    disk /dev/disk/by-id/wwn-0x5000c5000ee5ceaf;
    address 10.0.0.2:7788;
  }
}

LCMC only shows two green (unused) /dev/sdb fields on both nodes and
doesn't see the DRBD config.

When I change the r0.res to;

resource r0 {

  device /dev/drbd0;
  meta-disk internal;
  disk /dev/sdb;

  on node01 {
    address 10.0.0.1:7788;
  }
  on node02 {
    address 10.0.0.2:7788;
  }
}

LCMC sees the DRBD config correctly.
Problem is that /dev/sdb is not always the same disk on my test machine.

Kind regards,
Caspar