[drbd-mc] Cannot clear VNC password + feature requests

Rasto Levrinc rasto.levrinc at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 19:12:53 CEST 2012

On Thu, Oct 18, 2012 at 2:08 PM, Caspar Smit <c.smit at truebit.nl> wrote:
> Hi Rasto,
>
> First of all, thanks for all the improvements in the latest version.
>
> 1) When I create a VM and change the VNC password to 'something' it is not
> possible to clear this password later on.
> It is only possible to change the password in something else but the
> password field is already empty when editing so I cannot apply to clear it.

Hi Caspar,

looks, like a bug, will be fixed.

> 2) Any ETA on the TODO list item (my feature requests from a couple of
> months ago) about the console window which stays active after shutdown of a
> VM?

I can only say, I'll fix that as soon as possible.

> 3) It would be nice if LCMC supported specifying the amount of cores per
> socket.

> So in order to get a quad core windows 7 VM it is needed to specify:
>
>   <cpu>
>     <topology sockets='1' cores='4' threads='1'/>
>   </cpu>
>
> Let me know what you think of this feature.

It's been actually there in the advanced mode all along. When you scroll down
to "CPU Match" section you can select "Match" e.g. "strict", more options
appear. For some reason the "match" is not stored, when only the topology
options are changed and the topology options are not visible if no match is
specified, so that's maybe another bug.

Rasto

--
Dipl.-Ing. Rastislav Levrinc