[drbd-mc] Does LCMC 1.3.16 support live migration for KVM?

Whit Blauvelt whit.drbd at transpect.com
Fri Jun 15 00:36:39 CEST 2012

On Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 10:26:38PM +0200, Rasto Levrinc wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 11:25 PM, Whit Blauvelt <whit.drbd at transpect.com> wrote:
> > Hi Rasto,
> >
> > Can LCMC live migrate KVM instances? I'm not seeing the option show up in
> > the menus. Something necessary to activate that?
>
> Couple of things. You need to check allow-migrate advanced meta
> attribute as far as LCMC is concerned.

That's what I haven't found yet. Where should I look? It's not in the
"Advanced Options" submenu for the individual VMs.

> You need access to the storage on both nodes simultaneously during the
> migration, like in active/active DRBD.

Got that. Live migration works. Just can't trigger it from LCMC yet.

A different question: I notice that LCMC generally uses /usr/bin/virsh for
various commands. If I have a system with both /usr/bin/virsh (from the
distro) and /usr/local/bin/virsh (a default install from source), and am
switching to the latter (for the most recent features), will LCMC spot which
libvirt is running and use the corresponding virsh?

Thanks again,
Whit