[drbd-mc] Announce: LCMC 1.2.0 / Pacemaker, DRBD, KVM GUI

Caspar Smit c.smit at truebit.nl
Tue Jan 24 10:14:22 CET 2012

Op 23 januari 2012 22:35 heeft Rasto Levrinc <rasto.levrinc at gmail.com>
het volgende geschreven:
> On Mon, Jan 23, 2012 at 4:32 PM, Caspar Smit <c.smit at truebit.nl> wrote:
>> Hi Rasto,
>>
>> Thanks again for this update.
>>
>> 1) Last time I mailed you about the "advanced" option being needed to
>> set the meta target role. This was indeed not in advanced mode for
>> most resources EXCEPT when creating groups, that is where I
>> encountered it.
>>
>> To reproduce:
>>
>> Just right-click an empty spot and do add group.
>> Now you have to click on advanced mode to see the meta attribute target role
>>
>> It would be nice if the target role could selected for groups without
>> having to select advanced mode just like the normal resources.
>
> Shouldn't be a problem.

Ok, great. btw, this is not implemented in 1.2.1 yet isn't it?

>> 2) Somewhere in between version 1.1.0 and 1.1.2 there is something
>> broken in the sudo login. When adding a host using sudo I now get:
>>
>> Failed.
>> Command failed.1
>> sudo: /home/user/lcmc-gui-helper-1.1.2: command not found
>>
>> LCMC seems to want to start the lcmc gui helper script from the local
>> home directory but it is stored in /usr/local/bin.
>> This worked correctly in v1.1.0 and is suddenly broken in 1.1.2 (maybe
>> also in 1.1.1?)
>
> Yup, this is broken if the user of the application is different than the
> sudo user. I've fixed that and uploaded the version 1.2.1.

This is still not completely fixed yet in 1.2.1.
Now LCMC uses the $HOME variable on the host system but the
lcmc-gui-helper script is not copied there it seems when adding a
host.

Failed.
Command failed.1
sudo: /home/user/lcmc-gui-helper-1.2.1: command not found

Am I understanding correctly that when I add a host using root the
lcmc-gui-helper script is copied to /usr/local/bin
and when I use a sudo user the script should be copied to /home/sudouser/ ?

Kind regards,
Caspar