[drbd-mc] Announce: LCMC 1.2.0 / Pacemaker, DRBD, KVM GUI

Rasto Levrinc rasto.levrinc at gmail.com
Mon Jan 23 22:35:50 CET 2012

On Mon, Jan 23, 2012 at 4:32 PM, Caspar Smit <c.smit at truebit.nl> wrote:
> Hi Rasto,
>
> Thanks again for this update.
>
> 1) Last time I mailed you about the "advanced" option being needed to
> set the meta target role. This was indeed not in advanced mode for
> most resources EXCEPT when creating groups, that is where I
> encountered it.
>
> To reproduce:
>
> Just right-click an empty spot and do add group.
> Now you have to click on advanced mode to see the meta attribute target role
>
> It would be nice if the target role could selected for groups without
> having to select advanced mode just like the normal resources.

Shouldn't be a problem.

> 2) Somewhere in between version 1.1.0 and 1.1.2 there is something
> broken in the sudo login. When adding a host using sudo I now get:
>
> Failed.
> Command failed.1
> sudo: /home/user/lcmc-gui-helper-1.1.2: command not found
>
> LCMC seems to want to start the lcmc gui helper script from the local
> home directory but it is stored in /usr/local/bin.
> This worked correctly in v1.1.0 and is suddenly broken in 1.1.2 (maybe
> also in 1.1.1?)

Yup, this is broken if the user of the application is different than the
sudo user. I've fixed that and uploaded the version 1.2.1.

> 3) Some resource agents need "unique" parameter values in order to
> work well. For example the exportfs script has a parameter named FSID
> which should be unique for all resources in the cluster configuration,
> it is now possible to create another exportfs primitive with the same
> FSID number which could cause conflicts.
>
> It would be very nice to have LCMC make a check if these kind of
> parameter values already exist in the cluster configuration.

There was some effort to define uniqueness in the RAs' meta-data. As
soon as it will be there I'd implement it. It would be possible to go
ahead and define it in the LCMC for the most obvious cases, but it is
not a high priority for me at the moment.

Rasto

--
Dipl.-Ing. Rastislav Levrinc
rasto.levrinc at gmail.com