[drbd-mc] Announce: LCMC 1.2.0 / Pacemaker, DRBD, KVM GUI

Caspar Smit c.smit at truebit.nl
Mon Jan 23 16:32:18 CET 2012

Hi Rasto,

Thanks again for this update.

1) Last time I mailed you about the "advanced" option being needed to
set the meta target role. This was indeed not in advanced mode for
most resources EXCEPT when creating groups, that is where I
encountered it.

To reproduce:

Just right-click an empty spot and do add group.
Now you have to click on advanced mode to see the meta attribute target role

It would be nice if the target role could selected for groups without
having to select advanced mode just like the normal resources.

2) Somewhere in between version 1.1.0 and 1.1.2 there is something
broken in the sudo login. When adding a host using sudo I now get:

Failed.
Command failed.1
sudo: /home/user/lcmc-gui-helper-1.1.2: command not found

LCMC seems to want to start the lcmc gui helper script from the local
home directory but it is stored in /usr/local/bin.
This worked correctly in v1.1.0 and is suddenly broken in 1.1.2 (maybe
also in 1.1.1?)

3) Some resource agents need "unique" parameter values in order to
work well. For example the exportfs script has a parameter named FSID
which should be unique for all resources in the cluster configuration,
it is now possible to create another exportfs primitive with the same
FSID number which could cause conflicts.

It would be very nice to have LCMC make a check if these kind of
parameter values already exist in the cluster configuration.

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Caspar Smit