[drbd-mc] LCMC feature request

Whit Blauvelt whit.drbd at transpect.com
Thu Jan 5 23:32:37 CET 2012

On Thu, Jan 05, 2012 at 10:43:50PM +0100, Rasto Levrinc wrote:

> > Well, only a minor inconvenience, but LCMC has a single "Autostart" checkbox
> > which is applied to both copies of the VM or neither. It would fit my use
> > pattern better if the Autostart box was up in the "Defined on" section, with
> > one Autostart selection for each copy of the VM, rather than having it down
> > in the "Virtual System" section.
>
> Makes sense, but don't you use Pacemaker to start them?

If I did, would it make sense for LCMC to present an Autostart option to me
at all?

I'm not a Pacemaker fan. It's sparsely documented, and oriented to the RHEL
cluster stack. I'm far fonder of Debian and its derivatives. If I wanted to
run a standard RH-style solution I'm sure it would be great.

I handle failover with some bash scripts and ucarp. As long as I'm not
running the same VM on both hosts at once, I'm good. I'm not saying my
solution is perfected, but at least I understand it. Libvirt has good hooks
for scripting extensions.

Best,
Whit