[drbd-mc] Announce: LCMC 1.3.0 / Pacemaker, DRBD, KVM GUI

Rasto Levrinc rasto.levrinc at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 21:02:45 CET 2012

On Mon, Feb 27, 2012 at 3:49 PM, Caspar Smit <c.smit at truebit.nl> wrote:
> Hi Rasto,
>
> I checked the new LCMC version today and found out some stuff again.
>
> 1) I cannot right-click on resources/groups in the graphical display
> anymore to get the sub-menu. Not even on the hosts.
>   It is only possible to right click on the resource/group names in
> the left window (under CRM pacemaker)
>   Is this a 'feature' or a 'bug' ?

Hi Caspar,

it's a bug that effects Windows users, so I got a lot of reports about
that. I've just fixed that, so later today there'll be 1.3.1 version.

> 2) Everytime I connect to a cluster I get a big red <cluster name>:
> Cluster status failed scrolling but after that the cluster seems fine.
> This is when using sudo and root.

Yup, will be fixed, it's a cosmetic problem.

> 3) disconnecting from a cluster doesn't really disconnect because when
> I disconnect from a cluster and connect another cluster it still does
> some status updates for the disconnected cluster (I get an: updating
> drbd/cluster status from the disconnected cluster(s), and that some
> clusters don't even have drbd installed and this takes a lot of time).
> how can i really disconnect the cluster(s) without leaving LCMC?

This is because of the effort to reduce the number ssh connections. At
the moment you can only kill these processes on the server, until I fix
it.

> 4) I found out today I had a split-brain cluster and I noticed that
> the pacemaker Master/slave resource had no problem and "all is fine"
> Primary/Secondary etc... I tried resolving this through LCMC (DRBD)
> but all my options were greyed out for doing anything to the DRBD
> resources. Using sudo and root didn't make a difference. Any idea why?

Pacemaker can't do anything in this case with the resource. You should
inspect why you had the split-brain, maybe you're missing some
configuration.

To find out if you have split-brain from the GUI, you have to connect
the disconnected resource, it will not connect but it will detect that
it has a split brain. Connecting is enabled (if it is used by Pacemaker)
only in advanced mode. The GUI gets message that there's a split-brain
and offers the split-brain resolution dialog.

> 5) Can you explain the "workaround for iSCSITarget RA" ? I'm using a
> cluster with that RA but nothing seems changed.

It shouldn't effect you at all. There is some remote possibility that
default for "iSCSI Target implementation" could be wrong. There was also
a "status " with space in the meta-data, that could get stored in the
CIB. It would be ignored. You should check if you have it and remove it.

> 6) What does the "disable one-host cluster by default" exactly do
> because I can still add 1 host, and then a cluster with that 1 host
> (and this is something I would still like to able to do if
> nessessary).

there's a --one-host-cluster option for the old functionality now. It
was disabled by default because someone could define one host cluster by
mistake and destroy the existing two-node DRBD configuration.

thanks,
Rasto

--
Dipl.-Ing. Rastislav Levrinc