[drbd-mc] Ultr at VNC close VM console window on shutdown doesn't work

Caspar Smit c.smit at truebit.nl
Mon Dec 24 13:55:46 CET 2012

Hi Rasto,

First of all: thanks for fixing the multiple hardware info daemon bug!

I found the following issue:

I noticed that running LCMC on a Linux (Ubuntu 12.04) desktop and right
click on a VirtualDomain resource in CRM/Pacemaker i see at the bottom of
the list:

"Start TIGHT VNC Viewer"

When I click this the console appears and when shutting down the VM, the
console windows disappears (as fixed in LCMC 1.4.2).

BUT

When I run LCMC on a Windows 2008 R2 machine and right click on a
VirtualDomain resource in CRM/Pacemaker i see at the bottom of the list:

"Start ULTRA VNC Viewer"

When I click this, LCMC asks for a password (even if I didn't specify a
password for the VNC console).
Furthermore when shutting the VM down the console window DOESN'T disappear
like the TIGHT VNC window does on Linux.

1) Any reason why there is a difference in VNC viewer on Ubuntu and Windows
2K8?

2) Is it possible to remove the password prompt for Ultr@ VNC? (for empty
passwords)

3) Could you fix the "Close console window on VM shutdown" for Ultr at VNC as
well?

4) Any thoughts on my previous feature request to fix clock skew on Windows
VM's? (my e-mail to this list from 13-12)

Thanks in advance,
Caspar Smit