[drbd-mc] Some VMs ignored by drbd-mc - strange recovery

Whit Blauvelt whit.drbd at transpect.com
Thu Sep 1 17:47:36 CEST 2011

After confirming that 0.9.4 and 0.9.5 had the same problem with showing all
the VMs as 0.9.7, I was logged into a different VM by ssh (called "geos_x")
- not on a DRBD resource in this case, but drbd-mc had recognized it as
existing. In the ssh session I did a shutdown. I also had a console opened
into it via drbd-mc at the time, and the VMs list open in drbd-mc.

On shutting down geos_x, drbd-mc blinked a number of times, and finally
stabilized with the "missing" VMs showing in the VMs list.

Okay, what's that about?

Whit