[drbd-mc] Announce: LCMC 1.0.2 / Pacemaker, DRBD, KVM GUI

Caspar Smit c.smit at truebit.nl
Tue Oct 25 13:22:32 CEST 2011

Hi Rasto,

Thanks for the release again, great work!

I'm a sudo user and found a few things not working when in sudo mode:

1) In the Storage (DRBD, LVM) section when I click on /proc/drbd I get:

/usr/local/bin/lcmc-gui-helper-1.0.2 proc-drbd
bash: /usr/local/bin/lcmc-gui-helper-1.0.2: Permission denied

I think LCMC forgot to add the sudo command before the actual command

When I do: sudo /usr/local/bin/lcmc-gui-helper-1.0.2 proc-drbd
at the command line it works likes it should.

2) When I want to view a (service) log I always get:

grep: /var/log/messages: Permission denied

I guess LCMC should add a sudo command before as well when in sudo mode and
an entry in the /etc/sudoers file: /bin/grep * /var/log/messages

3) About the logging, it always greps /var/log/messages but I'm using Debian
5 and 6 machines which log most stuff (HA related) in /var/log/syslog in
stead of /var/log/messages so I guess that only grepping /var/log/messages
misses a lot of valuable logging info on my systems.

Kind regards,

Caspar Smit