[drbd-mc] DRBD MC 0.9.2 / Pacemaker GUI

Rasto Levrinc rasto.levrinc at linbit.com
Mon May 2 11:01:13 CEST 2011

On Fri, April 29, 2011 11:44 am, Caspar Smit wrote:
> Hi Rasto,
>

> Great update! Thanks for this.
>

> 1. Could you explain how to try the LVM plugins? I saw beta versions of
> them on the drbd-mc website a while ago but now they are removed again.

Hi,

the precompiled LVM plugins are available for LINBIT customers, so
sales at linbit.com :)

> 2. enable fine-grained sudo, don't make everything in bash -c
>

> I'm using sudo too, can you explain what changed here? I don't need
> /bin/bash anymore in /etc/sudoers now, what commands are needed in
> /etc/sudoers?

Quick list of the commands for DRBD and Pacemaker is here:

rasto ALL=SETENV: /usr/local/bin/drbd-gui-helper-*, /bin/true,
/sbin/drbdadm, /usr/sbin/cibadmin, /usr/sbin/crm_resource,
/usr/sbin/crm_attribute, /usr/sbin/ptest

Well /bin/true only till the next release. :) With that you can administer
everything, except of changes that require writing to config files, like
ha.cf, corosync.conf or drbd.conf. The ptest overview doesn't work, but I
am working on it.

In theory the config files could be written to if they'd have appropriate
permissions, but it'd also require some changes in the DRBD:MC. Let me
know if you or somebody else want to use it that way.

Rasto

--
: Dipl-Ing Rastislav Levrinc
: DRBD MC http://oss.linbit.com/drbd-mc/