[drbd-mc] DRBD MC, bug with master/slave and groups

Tony Murray murrant at ncn.net
Fri Jun 17 23:17:34 CEST 2011

I have a master slave resource set up with a group of drbd resources in corosync.

The gui does not properly display the status of this group. hvsan should be shown as a slave.

while crm_mon shows:

 Master/Slave Set: ms_g_drbd
     Masters: [ wbsan.exchange.ncn.net ]
     Slaves: [ hvsan.exchange.ncn.net ]

I also, once tried to change the configuration of some of the drbd resources and it totally messed up my corosync config.

Here is my relavent corosync config:

primitive drbd_meta ocf:linbit:drbd \
        params drbd_resource="cluster_metadata"
primitive drbd_high1 ocf:linbit:drbd \
        params drbd_resource="vg0drbd"
primitive drbd_normal1 ocf:linbit:drbd \
        params drbd_resource="vg1drbd"

group g_drbd drbd_meta drbd_high1 drbd_normal1

ms ms_g_drbd g_drbd meta master-max="1" \

       master-node-max="1" clone-max="2" clone-node-max="1" notify="true"

The way it messed up my config was to remove the other two drbd resources (other than the one I was changing), remove the g_drbd group and set the ms_g_drbd resource to the changed drbd resource instead of the g_drbd group.

Tony Murray - Systems Engineer
Northwest Communications | 1.866.929.9963 | networking at ncn.net<mailto:networking at ncn.net>