[drbd-mc] DRBD config

Peter Ambroz comp at gjh.sk
Tue Jan 11 17:05:16 CET 2011

On 01/11/2011 04:57 PM, Rasto Levrinc wrote:

> On Tue, January 11, 2011 4:39 pm, Peter Ambroz wrote:
>>
>> DRBD-MC version: 0.8.8 (jar)
>> DRBD kernel version: 8.3.8.1
>> DRBD userspace utils: 8.3.8.1
>>

> Same here...
>

>> Steps to reproduce the problem at my cluster:
>> - Edit /etc/drbd.conf, on both machines add section:
>> handlers { fence-peer "/usr/lib/drbd/crm-fence-peer.sh";
> after-resync-target
>> "/usr/lib/drbd/crm-unfence-peer.sh";
>> }
>> inside the resource section
>>
>> - run 'drbdadm adjust all' on both machines
>> - start DRBD-MC on local desktop, connect to cluster
>> - operating mode: Administrator, Advanced
>> - at this point, the config is still there intact, but DRBD-MC doesn't
>> show any handlers section. only resource, net, disk, syncer - make changes
>
> The DRBD MC parses the DRBD man page to get all the options. It looks into
> /usr/share/man/man5/drbd.conf.5.gz or /usr/share/man/man5/drbd.conf.5
> I suspect you don't have it.
>
> Can you check if you have one of these files or find out where they are?
> What distro is it, and how did you install the DRBD?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Rasto

Well, wow, didn't even think about parsing the man page :)
DRBD was installed using emerge, on gentoo distro.
There is only /usr/share/man/man5/drbd.conf.5.bz2
Maybe that is the problem.

The other consideration: Does it look for man page on one of remote
servers? Because if it looked on the local machine, running the MC, it
possibly could find nothing, because I'm not supposed to have DRBD on
desktop machine. (In this case, I do have).