[drbd-mc] DRBD config

Peter Ambroz comp at gjh.sk
Tue Jan 11 16:39:37 CET 2011

On 01/11/2011 04:16 PM, Rasto Levrinc wrote:

> On Tue, January 11, 2011 3:48 pm, Peter Ambroz wrote:
>> Hello,
>>

>> I'm using DRBD-MC 0.8.8.
>> It seems like some options from /etc/drbd.conf are not recognised by the
>> console. Furthermore, they are not included in the automaticaly generated
>> files after modification. For example handlers {} section inside resource
>> {} section is ignored.
>

> I couldn't reproduce this problem. My handlers section is recognized.
>
> What version of DRBD are you using? Was the config "adjusted" with drbdadm
> adjust all, after the handlers were defined in the config?
>
> BTW, the adjust command in drbd 8.3.10rc1 doesn't work, do you have this
> version?
>
>> This should be fixed either by understanding the "handlers" section, or
>> by including every unmanaged piece of config data back into generated
>> configs.
>
> Thanks for the solution, but I don't know what is the problem yet. :)
>
> Rasto

DRBD-MC version: 0.8.8 (jar)
DRBD kernel version: 8.3.8.1
DRBD userspace utils: 8.3.8.1

Steps to reproduce the problem at my cluster:
- Edit /etc/drbd.conf, on both machines add section:
  handlers {
     fence-peer "/usr/lib/drbd/crm-fence-peer.sh";
     after-resync-target "/usr/lib/drbd/crm-unfence-peer.sh";
  }
  inside the resource section

- run 'drbdadm adjust all' on both machines
- start DRBD-MC on local desktop, connect to cluster
- operating mode: Administrator, Advanced
- at this point, the config is still there intact, but DRBD-MC doesn't
show any handlers section. only resource, net, disk, syncer
- make changes to any part of drbd config through MC (in my case,
checking the "Use rle" option for syncer)
- apply, and watch my config files being overwritten with new config,
now without the handlers section at all

Peter