[drbd-mc] Using sudo.

Rasto Levrinc rasto.levrinc at linbit.com
Wed Feb 9 11:58:40 CET 2011

On Wed, February 9, 2011 10:53 am, Caspar Smit wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I'm using the DRBD-MC more and more and getting really enthuasiastic.
> Keep
> up the good work :)
>
> I would like to give a colleague access to the DRBD-MC but I don't want
> him having root privileges on the cluster nodes. Is this possible by using
> sudo? I saw an option named sudo at the host configuration wizard.
>
> What commands does his account need to run under sudo? (like cibadmin,
> drbdadm, etc)

You can use the sudo, without any problems.

you need /usr/local/bin/drbd-gui-helper* for sure. Note the wildcard,
there's a suffix that changes with every version

For pacemaker you need at least these I think:

/usr/sbin/crm_attribute
/usr/sbin/crm_mon
/usr/sbin/crm_resource
/usr/sbin/crm_standby

Maybe I'll compile the whole list one day.

> Another question: is it possible to start the DRBD-MC in operator and/or
> read-only mode?
yes, the

    java -jar DMC-....jar  --help

gives you a list of options, so for example

    java -jar DMC-0.8.12.jar --op-mode=ro
    java -jar DMC-0.8.12.jar --op-mode=op

starts it in readonly or operator mode and it is not possible to change it
to the administrator mode.

> And another: is it possible to disable the "check for drbd-mc update"
> feature?

Yes, there is --no-upgrade-check option and --no-plugin-check option, if
you don't want contact the linbit servers.

Rasto

--
: Dipl-Ing Rastislav Levrinc
: DRBD MC http://oss.linbit.com/drbd-mc/