[drbd-mc] Cleanup Resource

Rasto Levrinc rasto.levrinc at linbit.com
Mon Mar 15 14:07:22 CET 2010

On Mon, March 15, 2010 1:16 pm, Michael Schwartzkopff wrote:
> Am Montag, 15. März 2010 13:06:01 schrieb Rasto Levrinc:
>>
>> Good point, thanks. Although I will keep the "Reset Fail-Count" option
>> will add a "cleanup" option to the expert submenu, that is available, if
>>  there is something in the LRM section.
>
> I'd prefer a simple "Cleanup" if the first menu since "Reset Failcounter"
> might be the result of a cleanup but basically it is wrong to call it this
> way. The man page says:
>
> --cleanup, -C
> Delete a resource from the LRM.
>

> There definitely will be entries in the LRM for any resource. Always.
>

> Perhaps you should add an additional point "Reset Failcounter", which is
> enabled if a faulcounter for this resource exists on ANY node.

Perhaps. Basically I am trying to hide things like "LRM" and "cleanup"
from the user. "cleanup" could be something like clear history, where
there would be also "show history". When a resource fails a user should be
able to quickly identify how to activate the resource, removing the error
messages. Cleanup and fail-counter are not very descriptive in this case.
Anyway I will give it still some more thought.

Rasto

--
: Dipl-Ing Rastislav Levrinc
: DRBD-MC http://www.drbd.org/mc/management-console/