[drbd-mc] Bug: applying changes from the GUI to clone-group throws exception

Rasto Levrinc rasto.levrinc at linbit.com
Tue Dec 7 18:34:47 CET 2010

On Sun, December 5, 2010 1:50 pm, Christian Frömmel wrote:
> Hello,
>

> we just stepped on a bug in the GUI, which leads to an unusable
> interface.
>
> We're using a clone-group in our crm-configuration. So we build a group
> and a clone-statement using that group (within the crm-cli):
>
> group grp_Services res_service_1 res_service_2 clone clone_Services
> grp_Services meta clone-max="2" notify="false"
>
> (The whole test-configuration is attached).
>

> In the cluster this is working well, but when doing changes - or just
> preview changes - on this clone-group in the GUI, the GUI throws an
> exception. This makes it quite unusable, as it is not possible anymore
> apply changes the this clone-resource.
>
> The GUI throws the following exception:
>

> AppError.Text
> release: 0.8.4
> java: Sun Microsystems Inc. 1.6.0_22
>

> uncaught exception java.lang.NullPointerException null
> drbd.gui.resources.ServiceInfo.setLocations(ServiceInfo.java:2833)
> drbd.gui.resources.GroupInfo.apply(GroupInfo.java:276)
> drbd.gui.resources.ServiceInfo$21$1.run(ServiceInfo.java:2640)
> java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
>
> The corresponding log-entry in the GUI-console is:
>

> [root at cluster-test-1:~#] /usr/sbin/cibadmin --obj_type resources -R -X
> '<meta_attributes id="grp_Services-meta_attributes"></meta_attributes>'
> Call cib_replace failed (-22): The object/attribute does not exist
> <null>
>

> It seems that the GUI is expecting only plain resources in the
> clone-Statement, not groups.

Actually cloned groups are implemented, but it was not part of automatic
testing and it was broken.

I've fixed your particular problem here:
http://oss.linbit.com/drbd-mc/dmctest-0.8.5.dev.1.jar

Before the next release I'll make a proper testing of cloned groups as well.

Thanks,

Rasto

--
: Dipl-Ing Rastislav Levrinc