[drbd-mc] Unable to configure clusters from DRBD-MC

Fausto Teixeira fausto.teixeira at bol.com.br
Wed Aug 4 16:10:29 CEST 2010

Greetings.

I have setup two OpenFiler 2.3 instances as Citrix XenServer 5.5.2 virtual machines, each with a 5GB data-only storage, for testing Linbit´s DRBD Management Console.

I have set up DRBD replication without effort, directly from the DRBD-MC, with various versions between DMC-0.7.0.jar and DMC-0.7.7.jar, both on top of raw devices (e.g. /dev/xvdc1) and on top of pre-configured OpenFiler LVM devices (e.g. /dev/vg0/lv0).

However, I have never been able to see any aspect of HA working with any of the above DRBD-MC versions.  Clicking on "Cluster Hosts" shows "DRBD 8.0.12 (running)" and "Heartbeat 2.1.3 (not running)" or "Heartbeat 2.1.3 (not running/rc.d)" after "chkconfig heartbeat on" has previously been manually executed at each host.

Likewise, menu options "Add Service to Cluster", "Add Group", "Add Service", "Add Constraint Placeholder" and "Remove All Services", under the "Cluster" and "Services" trees, respectively, ALWAYS APPEAR GREYED OUT i.e., NOT ENABLED.  I actually saw some of these options enabled one day but only momentarily and for no known reason;  in any event the menu items soon became disabled again.

Where can I please find documentation or directions on how to enable the Cluster and Services menu options and to configure HA using the DRBD-MC ?

Kind regards,

Fausto Teixeira